Anthro Gone Wrong!

Hi Guys!

If you're readin' this, then I know you dig anthro and furry as much as I do!  But hey, sometimes even the best stuff can go south!  Mixing together human and animal has always been an art form and well, let's face it, not everybody is an artist!  

To prove it, here are some stinkers right out of Doctor Moreau:


 

So this is an advertising card for "Mule Ear" chewing tobacco.  It was made around 1880 or so.  I ain't gonna show you the "Topsy" ad on the other side, because this is bad enough!  I never quite understood ads for animal products that featured the animal in question touting them.  I know what you're thinking -- this is tobacco, not mule-meat!  OK, fine, but that doesn't excuse the big wad of... whatever this mule is about to jam into his pie-hole!  Whether it's made of mule ears or just plain tobacco, it's way gross!

 


 

"Rough on Rats" was one of the best-selling rat poisons of the late nineteenth century.  That's no surprise, because if even half the claims on this card are true, it pretty much killed everything!  Remember that, kids, when you paste this colorful picture into your scrapbooks!



Who in heck wants to find this in their mailbox?  This 1921 post card features a sadistic butcher cutting off dogs' tails and serving them up as frankfurters.  If that's not sick enough, he's got the now tailless dogs doing the serving!  Check out those baseball-sized tears coming out of the waiter's eyes.  I'm tellin' ya, if it were me, I'd plate that butcher's wiener and let the dogs chow down on it!  Sorry guys, but sometimes you gotta just say what you think!

 

 

"El Rancho Vegas" was a hotel in, you guessed it, Las Vegas, Nevada.  This 1950s post card shows what I suppose is their mascot, a mule deer named "Nugget Nell."  At first glance, it's like "whatever, that's just a taxidermy mount; what's the big deal?"  OK, I've never been a fan of stuffed deer heads, but if you like 'em, that's cool.  The problem I have with this one is that it's a female deer, decked out with bling.  That's a little curious all by itself, but when you put it into the setting of an Old-West saloon...  well, the juggernaut of weirdness really starts rolling!  

See, whenever I think of saloons and girls with names like "Nugget Nell," I think of can-can dancers and lusty cowboys and gunfights and stuff like that.  So it kinda messes me up inside when Nugget Nell is a deer... and she's like, dead... and her head has been cut off and nailed up over the barMan!  El Rancho Vegas is starting to look like the Hotel California!  

I'm startin' to feel a little queasy now, so I'm gonna lay just one more post card on you, this time from about 1910:

 


 

Guys, this is the worst kind of anthro.  And instead of me goin' on and on about it, I'm gonna let it speak for itself!  Now excuse me while I bail!  I gotta blow chunks real bad!

See you next time!

*******

   

 


Comments

  1. Excellent and so true. You read of the occasional 20th century murder using Rough on Rats, that stuff musta been pretty strong. And that last picture make the old hillbilly postcards look like Titian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, that last picture is bad even by the bottom-scraping standards of the day. Rough on Rats was the real deal -- I don't think they sell stuff that strong any more. I've heard the name used in the context of 1930s hard-boiled detective stories. I guess it was a pop culture thing to a certain extent.

      Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi