Bridge of Lust and Love


 

Bridge of Lust and Love.  12" x 16"

I really wanted to do something overtly anthro to fit well into Hybrid.  These sophisticated customers came to me over a couple of very early in the morning (around 3 am) reveries.  I like them...they seem to have a history all their own.  

Most of my drawings start with a pencil sketch; then I do all of the inking.  For this piece after I inked it, I experimented with under painting (this particular piece is watercolor brush marker--watercolor effect without the mess, and with much greater control over the outcome), before finally adding color.  Here are some progress shots:


This is after both inking and the under painting in grey.  If you zoom in you can see all of the tiny, tiny fur strokes...they are made with a .003 Micron pen.  And yes, it takes as long as you might imagine.


Next step:


Adding some sunset colors.  I do really loooooove color!

I hope you all enjoy my Venetian beauties as much as I did putting them together!

Comments

  1. Very, very good. I think the guy cat is an Apache, the French criminal class? Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Venice. Well, he looks the part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work! It's always enlightening to see how other people put together a complicated painting. The drawing is great and I think the lighting is especially subtle here. One of your best, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi