The Stoned Ape Theory



Terence McKenna, courtesy of Sarah McDaniel and the Movie Mountain crew.  Mr. McKenna believed that ingesting hallucinogenic 'shrooms is what developed the modern human brain and consciousness.  This superior stop motion film is a riot.  I think him dead wrong, although the theory is unprovable it is clever and by no means impossible.  However, I maintain the rocks were what developed the human mindset, either by being hit with them or hitting others with them.  He does sound like he was a fun guy to hang with, and not the least because he probably had the best weed available.  Timothy Leary thought highly of him, huge surprise there.  I am all about anthro rabbits and this bangs the right side of the Funny Bunny meter!


Comments

  1. That is too funny-you never know what you can find on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a stop motion fan and this is very well done. When I first saw this, I knew it was the voice of some drug guru but I had never heard of Mr. McKenna. I knew it wasn't Tim Leary because the voice was not his. So I got on the net and searched without a name and found him pretty quick. He sounds like he was quite a guy but his theory is just made for levity, although he might, just might, be onto something. I don't think there was enough psylocibin available to make that sort of difference to our brains wiring and design. Also, he was not a doctor of science so that reduces his theory to the category of 'no better than mine', and I can prove my Rock Theory with the nearest loose brick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi