Demons With Hands!

Rocket Raccoon and Groot, Mike Mignola.


Rocket is the product of genetic manipulation and does not know what a raccoon is.  He is fairly amoral and consumed by greed, only second in intensity to his worst enemy, Blackjack O'Hare.  This picture is by Skottie Young, my favorite Rocket artist.


Rocket meets Blackjack and his Black Bunny Brigade.  Skottie Young.
 

 
Central Powers infantry soldier of the First World War, by thatotherwhaleoil.  The weapon is a Mauser Trench Gewehr 98 with 20 round fixed box magazine.  The uniform appears to be Austrian with '16' on the collar.  Hitler served with the 16th Bavarian Infantry Regiment, and, of course, was Austrian.  I will try and find this artist to demand answers and his permission to post this excellent picture, really I will.


Simkaye

 

 Then there is Rascal.  Anyone who has read this excellent, heartbreaking, triumphant work by Sterling North knows that Rascal was anthropomorphic in almost every way except speech.  Art by John Shoenherr.

 
I received permission from King-Hime to post the above on my site, I think it just as fine an anthro raccoon as I have ever seen.  But I am tired of begging and I don't know the artist well enough to presume again, so I am putting in the above link.  No one can critique me for linking to their site, and I am not breaking my word about re-posting something I asked for.  This is well worth seeing. 


Raccoon fursuit, Beastcub Creations.  Some folk go all out, I'll give them that.

 

 Well, time to go.


Comments

  1. Now when did Mignola do Rocket Raccoon? I really must get my hands on that... Great selection of 'coon anthros. All We need now is one of ARCR-CRic's. If he's reading this, he should consider the gauntlet as having been laid down -- Grace us with your raccoons if you will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/67/cb/c4/67cbc475f07fe4d13f8b3e389bccd049.jpg 1985, 4 part special.

      Delete
    2. Cool! I forget that Mignola had a career before Hellboy.

      Delete
    3. His style in not developed back then, his Hellboy stuff is awesome. The heavy line and dark colors help make what I thought was a bad concept, I have a Marvel called Son of Satan where the boy rebels against his father, absolutely dreadful, one of the reasons I gave up on mainstream comics.

      Delete
    4. That makes sense -- I'm sure I've seen a lot of early Mignola, but didn't know what I was looking at. I first noticed him in a graphic novel called "Ironwolf: Fires of the Revolution" or some such. It was a modern take on a DC character from the '70s. Speaking of the '70s, I have an almost complete run of "Son of Satan." The cheese factor of that title fascinates me.

      Delete
    5. Wow. I was unaware anyone had ever heard of it. That was One Bad Comic.

      Delete
    6. The Weird Worlds stories were reprinted in an Ironwolf one-shot in March 1987. Chaykin returned to the Ironwolf character in 1992, co-writing Ironwolf: Fires of the Revolution with frequent collaborator John Francis Moore. This graphic novel was penciled by Mike Mignola and inked by P. Craig Russell. Some of the events of the Weird World stories are recapitulated here but it also brings the story to something of a close.
      Originally drawn by Chaykin and P. Craig Russell, two of my faves.

      Delete
    7. Witchcraft and devil worship were all over the place in the early '70s and in typical fashion, Marvel did not want to get left out of the popular discourse. Hence "Son of Satan." I think there was also something called "Satanna, the Devil's Daughter," which was only slightly less cheesy. Mostly because she didn't show up very often.

      Delete
    8. I missed the Satanna thing and just as well. But I was on the outs with Marvel, I think I quit reading them after a particularly retarded Fantastic Four. That I gave up mainstream comics my freshman year of college I always thought was a rite of passage! It probably was.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi