Childhood Favorites


The jackalope who could not get down off the tall horse, just the best.


 And who can forget Spank?


I lived for nightly storytime, and all my animal friends made life just that much better.
 
 

 This got both the Newbery and the Caldecott.


These wonders of children's books started me on a lifelong love for anthropomorphic art and stories.
 

 Disney was a huge part of growing up.


Not all anthropomorphism is furry, you know.

 
A modern day 'Wind In The Willows'.
 

 I was a huge Foghorn Leghorn fan.


Being a kid was magical.
 

 When grandad would read me to sleep he loved to talk about Brenda's beaver.


Libraries became a wonderland for me.


Comments

  1. Wow, Billy! I might have to change my mind about the library! There's so much cool stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_img/50061/1001216390/original/the-goat_s-presence-is-the-most-disturbing-part-photo-u1?auto=format&fit=crop&fm=pjpg&w=650&q=60&dpr=1
      A world at your fingertips!

      Delete
    2. Good grief! What is that??

      Delete
    3. Beats me, but it's for real. Guess some English kid's story.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We gotta amp up this site some. Nothing like gentle, carefree humor!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi