Milt Kahl


Song of the South
 

Robin Hood
 


The Jungle Book
 


Br'er Rabbit Character Sheet


Bambi
 


Br'er Rabbit
 
 

 Milt Kahl, March 22, 1909 – April 19, 1987
 
“The way that I feel about it is that my performance in The Rescuers is good. The only thing is that you know that this picture is going to be mediocre. It has a few high spots, but it’s full of bad taste that is, as I like to put it, tempered by bad judgment. That’s kind of a lousy way to put it, but I feel that way. I’m really rather bitter about the set-up, about some of the people who I thought considered that we were working together, and I find that we really weren’t. Here I am, a person at the height of my powers, and I feel there’s not a place for me anymore. I don’t want to be involved; I can’t fight this thing. And there certainly isn’t a place for me anywhere else in this business.”
 
 
 Richard Williams asks Milt a question.


Awesome.


Comments

  1. Love that Bambi sketch. Kahl is right about The Rescuers, but I'm having a hard time trying to discern what it is he's complaining about. Seems like a rant against corporate cartoon-making, but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen the rescuers but I don't like the looks of it, Ms Bianca was a fave of mine as a kid. I don't know what Milt is griping about either.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi