Irradiated Treats

 

Menu, Borden's Dairy World Restaurant, 1939 World's Fair, New York

 

Hi Guys! 

Any time is a good time for ice cream, so let's take a break and head on over to Borden's Dairy World Restaurant!  I've got an in with Elsie the Cow, who's going to serve up some irradiated treats for us to enjoy!  

 


 

All of this stuff looks pretty good and I gotta say, the prices are right!  And boy, that irradiated milk sure tingles in your stomach!  Will I be coming back for more?  You bet!

Thanks Elsie!

 

*******

 


Comments

  1. The pimiento cheese again, of course. Elsie must have been some kind of pepper-head.

    I remember getting a (government subsidized) half-pint carton of milk for 3¢ with the school lunch program. Of course, the President's name was Kennedy or Johnson back then, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must be some kind of historical precedent for pimientos in cheese -- wonder where it comes from originally? I sort of understand peppers and spices in sausage, but I thought cheese was supposed to rot?

      Milk was always a dime for us, from first grade up to high school, when it went to 20 cents. I guess that's what happens when you go off the silver standard.

      Delete
    2. The funny thing is, I can't even find cheese with pimentos anymore. Down South Pimento Cheese is popular, but that's something entirely different, (usually cheddar) cheese mixed with pimentos and mayonnaise. It's used as a dip or spread, and some folks eat it as a sandwich. Times and tastes do change.

      Delete
    3. I guess "pepper Jack" and other such cheese with jalapeno chiles have replaced it? You see jalapenos in a lot of things these days.

      Cheese and mayonnaise sounds kind of nasty, but it might be OK in a sandwich. Guess I have to try it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi