The Bunny's Easter

 
I went to the late service at Coastal Oaks Baptist Church.  I was wearing a suit and tie, most everyone else were in sport shirts and cotton.  I also had one of my fedoras on, between that and the dark pinstripe I looked like I had just walked off the set of The Asphalt Jungle, bunny version.  I have a friend at that church who plays guitar in their band, they are very good although the music is Adult Contemporary Christian, I would prefer a more rock and roll sound but it ain't my church.  The sermon was on the book of Luke, I didn't know that Luke was an investigator and not a disciple.  I think the Methodists have been holding out on me.  So that is where 'the road to Emmaus' comes from.  However the minister could not stop talking about how this proves that Jesus died for us... er,...mankind, I regard that as a given and wanted to hear more about Luke.  After that and more music my friend baptized his youngest son, there was a tank hidden out of view below the cross in the front of the church, I have never seen immersal baptism before.  After the service I gave the boy 5 bucks, I had six on me so the church got a dollar.  These are the friendliest people I have ever met in a group and they do a lot for the community.  That is the second Easter I have spent at that church.  I would almost be tempted to join except for my doubts about the whole story and opposition to baptism, mine was done when I was a few days old and I got saved at a Billy Graham revival in Dallas when I was too young to say no so I got that going for me.  That orphanage sucked and I had no friends, one of the reasons I was 'selected' for the Enhanced Infantry Program.  I had a good time at that service and no one looked at me strangely as is usual because I cut holes in the hat to fit it over my ears.  Those people are terrific, I even sat across the aisle from a gay couple wearing just the best socks I have ever seen, I had no idea that the Baptists were so tolerant.  As a modified human I have to register with the police and most restaurants won't allow me in, so kindness from people I don't know is always surprising.  I have been told that Jesus does not love rabbits in any case, when I asked about the Easter Bunny thing I had to grab the guy's fist and tell him to never do that again.  Mothers pull their children inside when I walk down the street and once one told the little girl to bring her dog as well.  But that church is real nice to me and strangers will invite me to sit beside them.  Since this is Texas everyone was heeled and I noticed the preacher unbuttoned his coat when I came up to shake his hand.  I can see why those people don't worry about me.
Oh, and the intro picture to this piece?  Transitioned humans can't have sex, I just like to pretend.

If only I knew someone else like me.
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi