Pete Hawley


 Movie poster for Rhubarb,The Millionaire Tomcat.  Rhubarb was played by Orangey, the most famous and the meanest actor cat of them all.

https://catsinfilm.tumblr.com/post/180429408180/orangey-the-cat-was-a-tabby-cat-that-was-known-for 


Rhubarb was written by H. Allen Smith.  Dell Books.


One more.  Pete Hawley was in huge demand, known for his Jantzen Swimwear ads.But he has a lot of anthro animals in his quiver as well.


When I was growing up I would see this guy's work everywhere.


I was dressed much like this cat the day Kennedy was shot just a few miles away.


Spooky.


American Greeting Cards.


American Greeting Cards.


Just as seventies as it gets!


Doggone it is Southern Baptist for 'Goddamn'.  This is a doggone good picture.


He doth bestride the narrow world, like a Colossus.
 

 This bangs the right side of the cute meter.


Diverse.


Prolific, to say the least.


While the thrust of our anthropomorphism here is furry oriented, Humpty Dumpty is nothing if not 'like a man'.  Besides, wilya just look at that rabbit?  Cuddles!
 

When the stars threw down their spears 
And water'd heaven with their tears: 
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee? 


If I ever attend a FurCon, this is exactly how I will look.  Two for one!
 

Superior.



So long, Pete, wherever you are I'm sure you stay busy.


Bon voyage.

Comments

  1. I remember this artist! I actually have a birthday card with a white kitten that I have kept since my childhood because I loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very nice! I have seen him my whole life, mostly in magazine ads. I have admired the Rhubarb picture for years and only last night found out who did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one versatile guy -- How can you go from cute puppy riding a tricycle to slavering werewolf with such dexterity? I'm genuinely amazed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His magazine ads are really good. Normally I would find these dogs and cats just that bit syrupy, but he had the skill to pull it off. I only just now found out his name, I was used to seeing his work my entire life. I have even posted a couple of these before.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi