Mr. Tawny's Fight for Fame!

 

Captain Marvel Adventures 126, November 1951

 

Hi Guys!

I'm back with another Mr. Tawny story for you!  This lovable talking tiger from the pages of Captain Marvel Adventures needs no further introduction, so we'll just get right into it!  Today's offering, from November, 1951, is entitled "Mr. Tawny's Fight for Fame."  If you ask me, the plot is pretty self-explanatory, but I gotta admit that our hero has some odd ideas about what makes a guy famous!

Check it out and you'll see what I mean!

 

 


 


 






Well, as usual, Mr. Tawny has successfully learned his lesson!  I'm not sure he's going to win eternal fame for writing some boring book, but books are a better deal than risking your life!  And hey, comic books are the best deal of all

OK guys, that's all for now.  See you next time!  


*******


So what's the "secret flavor?"  Mayonnaise?  Chicken gumbo?  "Bubble gum" flavor works just fine, thanks very much.


*******


Comments

  1. Holy Moley! All this time it was the drawings that catapulted me into wealth and fame, not cheap stunts like being a movie star or a great scientist. Thanks, Tawky, I've really learned a lesson today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we've all learned a lesson, Billy! It's not what we do, but the stuff we leave behind! Just ask Henry Darger!

      Delete
    2. Darger tells me I don't have enough chopped up little girls in fantastic imaginary landscapes to cut it as a great artist. How rude!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned Cat (Sute-Neko Tora Chan)

The Hybrid Menagerie

Kamaitachi